Although I got up at 5:30 to watch, I saw none of the pre-wedding coverage, so these observations are un-mainstream-media-biased, except for the few words I heard Anderson Cooper utter (and the many words in the very annoying voice of Vera Wang that I tried to ignore).
- I’d make a terrible fashion commentator. I have no idea why everyone (well, Vera Wang, at least) was so surprised at Kate’s dress.
- Actually, I liked Pippa’s dress better.
- And what’s with the hats?
But moving on to more important things:
- Harry and Pippa would be gorgeous together. Plus, he had a lot more gold braid.
- The Queen looked kind of out of it during the ceremony, but she seemed to know she’s not supposed to sing to God to save her.
- Prince William (who’s balding!) looked like “What did I get myself into?” during the ceremony (but you can’t really blame him, I guess, since he had to sit there listening to all those prayers and speeches instead of getting to kiss the bride right away and then walk triumphantly down the aisle).
- And speaking of all those prayers, weren’t there an awful lot of God references for a country where only 35% of the people believe in Him?
- And also speaking of which, although it seems nicely fitting that Catherine Middleton chose the feast day of St. Catherine of Siena for her wedding day, it’s also a little creepy, seeing as how St. Catherine was mystically married to Jesus.
And finally, from the animal kingdom:
- The Royal Cavalry don’t post, adding a nice bouncy effect.
- My cat loved the Royal Flyover.